New Job Opportunity: E-911 Technician – New York City, NY
Contact: Eric Parker Ref: 6472
Our client is a full service wireless communications dealer, servicer, and integrator.
They are seeking a qualified and experienced E-911 technician to install, troubleshoot, repair, align, and maintain E-911 communication systems in the NY and NJ areas.
- Install, repair, and provide technical support for E9-1-1 systems.
- Install, terminate and test voice and network cabling.
- Set up, configure and use test equipment to troubleshoot and repair systems.
- Diagnose and repair mission critical E9-1-1 system components.
- Attend factory training sessions to maintain technical competence.
- Interface with telephone companies and vendors to oversee system problem resolution.
- Work directly with management and customers to determine urgency, deadlines, and timelines.
- Technicians are required to be part of the paid On-Call schedule plus overtime.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands on experience in the field of E9-1-1 communications systems.
- Associate’s degree (AS/AA) or technical training in the areas of electronics, computers, networking, RF or equivalent work experience (OJT).
- Intermediate knowledge of test equipment such as Transmission Impairment Measurement Sets, signal generators, protocol analyzers, digital multimeters and LAN testers.
- Intermediate computer and networking skills.
- Clean driver record and valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Compensation: Based on Experience