New Job Opportunity: Project Manager – Upstate, NY
Contact: Laura Wilkins Ref: 6923
The Project Manager will be responsible for the installation of Cellular, Microwave and Public Safety Towers, Antennas and Communication Systems from raw land to finished site.
Education and Experience:
Minimum 2 to 5 years of Project Management experience in site construction/installation of Cellular, Microwave or Public Safety Two Way Radio tower site construction and/or antenna installation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out risk assessment and maintain a safe environment and ensuring all safety standards are met.
- Conduct Site Survey, read engineering drawings and specifications
- Estimate and bid projects
- Obtain pricing from Sub-Contractors
- Materials & Labor pricing
- Educate field crews on details of the project
- Work with the field crew supervisor to complete the project safely, on time and under budget.
- Maintain quality assurance standards
- Insure sub-contractors are qualified and conform to our company regulations and policies
- Insure any additional costs beyond the projects original scope are processed and billed to the customer via the change order process.
- Track the progress of the project and provide project deliverables as required by the customer.
- Maintain customer loyalty by completing all the objectives of the project to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Produce project evaluations and assessment of results
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to the customer and company division management.
- Oversee and promote accuracy of the accounting, costing and billing.
- Develop new customers as well as maintain and nurture existing customers.
Key Competencies / Skills:
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Analytical skills, planning and organizing skills
- Communication skills
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and motivate people
- Team work skills
- Negotiation skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Stress tolerance
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Word processing
- Data base management
- E-mail & internet use
- Work in an office environment but the purpose of the project may sometimes take them to filed locations.
- Work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to meet project milestones.
- A valid NYS driver license, minimum class D, is a condition of employment.
- Maintaining a good driver record is required.
- Must pass pre-employment Drug Test, Random Drug and Alcohol tests as required.
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Occasional travel and some time away from home may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Compensation: Based on Experience